A Prepublished Novel in the Process of Revisions and Rewrites

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Meet Rhonda Penders, Chief Editor of The Wild Rose Press!


I am so very proud to introduce to you all, Ms. Rhonda Penders! What a fabulous start to my Halloween Celebrations. As you know, Rhonda is the Owner/Editor in Chief of The Wild Rose Press. I am in awe that she is going to be my first guest blogger tomorrow, October 6, 2008. Please be sure to drop in and talk with her.

The Wild Rose Press is exactly what it says it is, "the kinder gentler publishing house," and I can certainly attest to that. Though they have grown by leaps and bounds in the 3 years they have been in existence, they have never lost that very special touch. Never will you receive a form letter, nor will you ever feel that you should never have submitted your work when you receive that feared rejection letter.

In addition, TWRP picks up on marketing your work once contracted and works very hard with you to get your name and book out there. They have many venues for you to learn and cultivate your craft and even offer critique groups as well as author-oriented loops so you can discuss your issues, accomplishments, and rants with fellow peers.

I am proud to be a TWRP author and have recently sold two more short stories to them, one a Scarlet and one a Black, and I intend to submit another full manuscript to the Crimson line very soon which I wrote under another pen name. The book was my first published full manuscript, a crime suspense romance, and did not do very well because--although I am very appreciative at their acceptance and purchase of my manuscript--it really wasn't a genre they dealt with, therefore it became sort of an experiment to see if they would venture into the romance market. Consequently, the book sat and did not do much at all in the two years it was housed there. But, again, I am grateful, the publisher happily has returned my rights so I may pursue other avenues to give my book its due.

Anyway, I digress. I am so happy to be sponsoring The Wild Rose Press' Paranormal Month and spotlighting my line, Black Rose. It is an unexpected honor which I will cherish forever. Corny, I know, but it is true. The Wild Rose Press has shown me what is like to be published by the 'right' publishing house and I am in Heaven!

So, take it from me, you can not go wrong by sprucing up those manuscripts and get them submitted. Who knows? Maybe you'll be the one sponsoring an event for TWRP.

Remember, anyone who comments on my blog this month will be entered in a drawing for a very special Halloween treat. So interact and good luck!

Dayana~

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the short stories, Dayana! I'm currently polishing up another short vampire story for the Black Rose line. And I agree, TWRP is a great place for an author to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Susan! And thank you! Can't wait to read your next story. Eternity Waits had a wonderfully dark sensuality and an eternal romantic flavor proving true love can survive forever!

    D~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Dayana!
    So glad you enjoyed Eternity Waits.

    ReplyDelete