A Prepublished Novel in the Process of Revisions and Rewrites

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Quick Hit Recipe: Another Dayana Favorite:)

Cool lunch/dinner idea for the long, hot summer days. Don't know about you, but I am an avid salad lover and creator. As far as I'm concerned you can create yummy salads from just about anything.

Watermelon/Basil/Feta Salad

Cubed watermelon for desired amount of servings(I like to create as individual servings).

Fresh Sweet Basil (got some in my garden if you need)

Crumbled Feta cheese to taste (I use lots)

Toss together and serve as is or for a little added flavor sprinkle with Raspberry Walnut Vinegarette. Ummmm...

Now for the Dayana options:

Take your favorite bagged salad mix (mine are Classic Romaine with shredded carrots and red cabbage or the delectable Parisian Greens which is a mixture of all sorts of interesting greens, etc.) and place in individual salad bowls topping with the above watermelon mixture and sprinkle with the Raspberry Walnut Vinegarette dressing. Ummm...it's so good!

Tonite I'm taking it a step further and adding sliced turkey breast. Tell me that doesn't make your mouth water.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh... Yummm but my DH would never eat it. He can't do Feta... where i do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete