A Prepublished Novel in the Process of Revisions and Rewrites

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Author Spotlight: Tamelia Tumlin, Paranormal Romance Author


Oh do I have a treat for you today.  Tamelia Tumlin dropped in to share some hot and fiesty vampires with you.  Welcome to my Author Spotlight segment, Tamelia.

Thank you for having me, Dayana. 

Okay, since it is the holiday season, I think I'd like to begin with the obvious question, what is your favorite holiday? And why?

This is an easy question! LOL. Christmas-hands down! I love everything about it. The lights, sounds, smells. the whole season is special to me. Somehow the spirit of giving has a way of turning any die-hard Scrooge into a holly, jolly elf. :)

I can't debate you there.  Isn't it strange how disaster and the holiday season bring out the best in people? I love the season because it's so festive bright and full of good will towards other and animals as well.  What made you decide to write?

I knew God gave everyone a special talent and I also knew I couldn't sing, dance, or act, but I could write stories about people falling in love so that's what I did. Now, it's addicting. Once I'm through with one story I can't wait to start on another one with two new characters and a boatload of trouble to work through. :)

Great answer and it is so true of me, as well.  You don't even want to hear me bellow out a tune! My mom used to beg me not to sing, especially when I had earphones on, LOL When do you write (daytime, nighttime, on your lunch hour, before the kids get up, after everyone is asleep? In large chunks of time or stolen snippets?)

I write when I can. Day. Night. Holidays. But, I do my best writing at night when I know no one will be needing me for anything and I can concentrate on my hero and heroine.

When was the first moment you felt comfortable saying, “I am a writer?”

When I recieved my first e-mail from a fan. I thought, "Wow! I actually have a fan! Someone really likes my stories." I was so excited, I sent her a free copy of my latest book. From that point on I realized I actually was a writer.

That's wonderful, Tamelia.  Did I mention that fan was me???  LOL Just kidding:) Where do you write?

At home. Usually on the couch with my laptop. Sometimes with the TV on (low, of course) and sometimes with just music. I can’t write with complete silence. I have to have some kind of background noise. LOL.

Funny, I love quiet. Just the sounds of the environment around me. A siren in the distance, traffic faroff, the windchimes in my yard, a barking dog or classical music because its background.  Okay, that's what I like but most of the time the TV is blairing and my husband is channel surfing or the music is on surround sound and I do everything I can to hit the turn off switch.  Do you like to read? Where?

Everywhere. Home. Work. In waiting rooms etc. Right now I’m reading several of Debbie Macomber’s Christmas books.

I love Christmas stories, in fact, I made a promise to myself that this year I would catch as many of my favorites as possible. I love the movies and specials as well as holiday books/stories.

Now on to you. Where did you get the inspiration for your current book?

I’ve always loved vampires and I’ve read many of Amanda Ashley’s novels, so it only seemed natural to write about a deliciously sexy vampire and the woman who loves him. *grin*

Where do you go to think?

I do my best thinking when I’m driving. If I’m stuck on a plot point or character trait a good long drive helps me work through the problem.

Ooooh, I love long drives and yes they can be a great time to work out a plot issue or a strategy to move forward in a story. How do you come up with your title and main characters’ names?

I usually have a working title until the book is at lest 2/3 finished. By that point, I can use the overall theme to find a title which fits the whole book. As for the characters I do come up with their names first and work from there to build three-dimensional characters.

Tell us about your Hero. Do you have a favorite, if you’ve written multiple books?

I tend to fall a little bit in love with all of my heroes, but if I had to choose one I suppose it would be the crown-prince Luke from Her Royal Protégé’. He’s the bad boy ( a biker no less) with a surprisingly tender side and by the time the heroine is finished with him, he’s definitely royal material.

Oooh, he sound hot and an interesting read.  And I have to mention that I have read the below mentioned book, Seducing the Night. What a positively wonder vamp read. You want hot romance and a love that transcends time and all else, you will want to pick this one up.  Great read!

Links on where to buy my latest books.



Seducing the Night
http://www.thewildrosepress.com/seducing-the-night-p-3713.html

Rana Cartwright wanders into The Voodoo Den for one reason and one reason only. To seduce and kill the man she once loved. The only way she can save her son's life is to destroy the vampire who sired him. There's only one problem. She soon realizes that she never stopped loving the man she must destroy.

Alexandru Milkos has lived six long years of torment since turned by an elder vampire. He lost the only thing that ever mattered to him. His fiancée, Rana.

Now she's back. Though his love for her has never wavered, he senses she has a motive much deadlier than a simple reunion. However, what concerns him the most is the shameful secret he's harbored for the past six years. A secret that could turn Rana away from him forever, that is if he lives long enough for her to realize the truth



Home is Where the Heart Is

An unexpected inheritance…

Jenna Wade was homeless, poor and orphaned as a child. Now as an adult she is desperately seeking stability and financial security. An unexpected inheritance promises to bring her the financial freedom she craves: until she reads the clause.

An unexpected love…

Temporarily confined to a wheel chair, Ridge Townsend's stubborn, self-reliant pride refuses to accept his new caregiver's help. He suspects Jenna is nothing more than a con artist who manipulated his mother into writing her into her will. Especially since Jenna maintains that she has never met his mother. With her caring nature and tender heart Jenna is slowly breaking down his defenses and finding a way into his heart. Then he asked her to do the unthinkable: give up her part of the inheritance. How can she choose between financial security and love?

Where to find Tamelia Tumlin:
http://www.tameliatumlin.webs.com/









4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your interview Tamelia, I wish you the very best in your writing careen. I like it quiet to write with the sounds of the outdoors, birds, little creatures, a flock of parrots in my trees, the fountain in the pool, things that calm me.
    The TV blaring is just to much distraction for me.
    Yo Dayana, great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your books, Tamelia. It was great to find out more about you. I love a good vamp story. But I have to have quiet solitude when I write. Isn't it amazing how sound either inspires or distracts us?

    Best of luck with your writing. May you have many, many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for you lovely comments and thank you Dayana for having me on your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm late. But better late than never. Great answers! I can't plot out stories while driving any more. I get creeped out that I'm on autopilot and my daughter is in the backseat. Just call me responsible. But I plot best on the elliptical now. ;)

    Huge prize: a cache of Time Guardian treasure. To enter, join me at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/skhyemoncrief/

    ReplyDelete